A number of key decisions need to be made and most businesses don't have the in-house knowledge to help them interpret the information from suppliers. Purchase Direct have many years experience in managing our customers telecoms and can walk you through this complex subject.
What technology to deploy?
Before you choose a manufacturer or supplier you need to consider how your calls will reach you and be distributed The following options are now available to all sizes of business:
- Traditional connectivity through analogue, ISDN2 and ISDN30 channels
- IP connectivity via SIP trunks through DSL, FTTC, EFM and Leased Lines
- Site based technologies like IP and traditional phone systems
- Hosted voice solutions where the technology sits off site in resilient data centres
- Converged voice & data across your WAN and the integration of your fixed & mobile technologies.
Which technology you choose will depend on your attitude to risk, cost and most importantly where and by whom you want your calls answered.
What features do you select?
Once you've picked your technology you need some support in deciding what features you put on your system. Over complicating your voice strategy can be costly both in terms of purchase price and dissatisfied customers.
Some of the functionality available for review is:
- CTI - computer telephony integration, integrating your heavily used IT applications
- IVR / Auto Attendant - deciding how best to answer and distribute calls within your businesses
- Voice Recording & Call Logging - understanding how and which calls you want recorded and monitored
- Twinning - being able to twin your mobile phone and desk-phone together to improve communication
- DECT - also known as cordless handsets, understanding the options and functionality delivered through these
- Conferencing - reviewing the options for utilising your telephone system for video and audio conferencing
- Teleworking - where you can deliver more flexibility in resourcing your sales and support contact centres
- Web chat & contact centre applications - enabling your telephone system to interact with your websites
- Reducing your fixed line estate - minimising the utilisation of Analogue, Digital and IP technologies
- DR (Disaster Recovery) - looking at Service Levels and fail over plans in the event of an outage
- VoIP on your network - routing calls around your sites enabling you to align staff resource more effectively.
Reviewing maintenance costs
As well as helping purchase new systems and technologies we can also significantly reduce the cost of the maintenance of systems, without impeding their SLA's. We also review what is supported, which in many cases highlights items no longer in use, or not commercially sensible to have maintenance support for.
INTERESTED IN FINDING OUT MORE?
Our team of account managers can help with all your enquiries. To find out more, call us on 01707 299100 or alternatively use our quick and easy online contact form.